(MANDEVILLE, La.) – The St. Tammany Economic Development Foundation (STEDF) will host a six-part entrepreneurship program beginning in May and lasting through November. Area entrepreneurs and strong advocates of entrepreneurship in St. Tammany are invited to attend.
Brenda Bertus, CEO of STEDF, said, “Entrepreneurship does not thrive in a silo — partnerships and collaboration are the key to launching a successful program. We want entrepreneurship to prosper in St. Tammany, and after many months of planning with our partners throughout the parish, we believe we have developed a strong platform.”
The purpose of the 2015 Entrepreneurship Program is to create a thriving ecosystem for entrepreneurial-minded individuals and companies through education, collaboration, communication and innovation. The events will bring together individuals in St. Tammany who identify themselves as entrepreneurs, equip them with the knowledge necessary to flourish and connect them with the resources to succeed.
“We are thrilled to launch this collaborative programming series here in St. Tammany,” said Ashley Cangelosi Llewellyn, STEDF programs manager. “It is imperative that our local entrepreneurs receive the support and network they need to participate in the regional entrepreneurial boom.”
The 2015 program will focus its conversations according to the following schedule:
- May 6 – Intellectual Property: Patents, Trademarks, Registered Products
- June 3 – Marketing in a Global Economy: Strategically Sharing Your Message and Making a Statement
- July 22 – Entrepreneurship Unplugged: Engaging with Our Regional Entrepreneurial Community
- September 16 – Developing an Effective Sales Team: Hiring, Training and Making a Deal
- October 21 – Organizational Management: (Re)Creating a Sustainable Structure
- November 18 – Financial Management and Access to Capital: Maximizing Capital for Current and Future Growth
Seating for each event will be limited to 25 participants. The first session will be held on May 6 at 9 a.m. To register for the May event, email .
“We will serve as an information clearinghouse for entrepreneurs and connect them with the best resources available within our region to maximize opportunities for growth and success,” Llewellyn said.